click me

Tuesday 10 February 2015

4. Making bread.........


Making Bread With Kids – 25+ Easy Bread Recipe

25 Easy Bread Recipes Perfect for Baking with Kids - Kids Activities Blog
It was about day three that I noticed a pattern…we were making bread daily!
In fact, by day 6 my 7 year old was independent in putting the ingredients into the bread machine and setting it on the proper settings.  I had my own homemade bread department.
I am a parenting genius.
There is something about making bread that just makes home feel like home.  The house smells great and all the meals are elevated with fresh bread.

My Favorite Bread Recipe

  • 1 1/4 Cups MILK
  • 2 Tablespoons BUTTER
  • 2 teaspoons SUGAR
  • 1 teaspoon SALT
  • 3 Cups BREAD FLOUR
  • 2 3/4 teaspoons ACTIVE DRY YEAST
I use a bread machine set on a manual setting and just let it go as long as I need to during the day before pulling out the dough and baking it in a regular bread pan in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
A combination of whole wheat flour and bread flour can be tried for a different density of bread.
We also like to use the dough to make cinnamon rollspizza runzas and cheeseburger runzas.
I thought it would be fun to find some other favorite bread recipes that go well with baking with kids.  What I found was overwhelming!  There are so many recipes that I will be trying with my boys.

Easy Bread Recipes to Make with Kids

Lazy Woman Bread - This is one of Rachel’s favorite recipes and it goes really well with the unpredictability of feeding a family.
Easy Bread Recipe for kids – Yep, it is easy.  It is bread.  Need more information?
2 Ingredient Bread – I have my doubts that this is even possible, but Pauline from Lessons Learnt Journal has convinced me that it is possible!
Yeast Experiment with Bonus Bread – Karyn from Teach Beside Me had a great idea to do a science experiment about how yeast rises and then use the results in a bread recipe.  Now that is what I call multi-tasking!
Pizza Dough Science – MaryAnne from Mama Smiles took her science experiments in the direction of pizzas instead of bread {you need a little variety!} and this turned out to be a super fun family activity that is recommended before lunch.
Friendship Bread - Based on the book, StickFiggy Makes a Friend, Deirdre from JDaniel4’s Mom celebrated her son’s best friend with a gift of friendship bread with a bonus stick figure.  Oh so cute!
Friendship Bread Starter – For Friendship Week, Jillian from A Mom with a Lesson Plan made a friendship bread starter to deliver to some special people.  This would make an amazing homemade gift!
Little Red Hen Bread – After reading The Little Red Hen, Cassie and the 3 Dinosaurs kids made bread.
Beer Bread - Ticia from Adventures in Mommydom went around the world in 12 dishes.  The Beer Bread accompanied Irish Beef Stew for their stop in Ireland.
Soda Bread - Another favorite from Ireland was made by Glittering Muffins.  She made both sweet and savory versions of traditional soda bread.
korang click link tu kalau rasa nak tengok resepi dia... : http://kidsactivitiesblog.com/46496/making-bread-with-kids

No comments:

Post a Comment